FALL NEWS FOR TEACHERS
1. Any Florida teacher of English may sponsor a MAXIMUM of TEN student nominees.
2. Any Florida student (grades 6-12) may submit up to three entries in up to three of the five categories:
(2) Fiction (1500 word max.)
(4) Personal Essay or memoir (1500 word max)
(5) Non-fiction/Other Essays (literary analysis, persuasion, journalism -1500 word max).
3. A single selection (one poem, one piece of fiction, one work of drama, or one work of non-fiction) constitutes an entry.
4. The student’s name, teacher’s name, and school name MUST NOT appear on any page of the entry. This information must be on the entry formONLY. Title pages should NOT be submitted.
5. All entries must be submitted in electronic form and saved as the title of their piece and must be accompanied by a separate entry form. Please submit as an editable document, NOT PDF.
6. Term paper/research papers will NOT be accepted. Critical analyses which reference published works are acceptable.
7. Students or teachers must keep copies of entries, as they will not be returned to you.
If you have not completed these steps,
the entry will automatically be DISQUALIFIED.
The entry form can be accessed online here or click on Download Entry Form. Once completed, the entry form and the student work should be attached as TWO SEPARATE ATTACHMENTS.
Understand that in submitting the work, you are verifying that it is the authentic, original work of the student. You will receive an acknowledgement via email once your entry and entry form have been received and accepted.
Winners receive a certificate of merit, recognition at the FCTE spring PDI, a cash award, and copies of the Student Writing Anthology, Gulfstream, which will also be published electronically on the FCTE website.
Submit entries via email to: FCTEwritingawards@gmail.com
ENTRIES ARE NOW BEING ACCEPTED to be awarded February 2022.
Writing Awards Chair
Please submit all award questions to: FCTEwritingawards@gmail.com.
The Florida Council of Teachers of English is a non-profit organization
promoting communication, collaboration, and educational knowledge among
all responsible for teaching English and the language arts.
ALL FLORIDA ENGLISH TEACHERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO JOIN!
UPDATE MY MEMBERSHIP
Registration is open!