1. Any Florida teacher of English may sponsor a MAXIMUM of TEN student nominees.
2. Any Florida student (grades 6-12) may submit up to three entries in up to three of the five categories:
(2) Fiction (1500 word max.)
(4) Personal Essay or memoir (1500 word max)
(5) Non-fiction/Other Essays (literary analysis, persuasion, journalism -1500 word max).
3. A single selection (one poem, one piece of fiction, one work of drama, or one work of non-fiction) constitutes an entry.
4. The student’s name, teacher’s name, and school name MUST NOT appear on any page of the entry. This information must be on the entry formONLY. Title pages should NOT be submitted.
5. All entries must be submitted in electronic form and saved as the title of their piece and must be accompanied by a separate entry form. Please submit as an editable document, NOT PDF.
6. Term paper/research papers will NOT be accepted. Critical analyses which reference published works are acceptable.
7. Students or teachers must keep copies of entries, as they will not be returned to you.
If you have not completed these steps, the entry will automatically be DISQUALIFIED.
The entry form can be accessed online here or click on Download Entry Form. Once completed, the entry form and the student work should be attached as TWO SEPARATE ATTACHMENTS.
Understand that in submitting the work, you are verifying that it is the authentic, original work of the student. You will receive an acknowledgement via email once your entry and entry form have been received and accepted.
Winners receive a certificate of merit, recognition at the FCTE Fall Meeting held in conjunction with TBAWP at USF in Tampa, a $100.00 cash award, and copies of the Student Writing Anthology, Gulfstream.
Submit entries via email to:
The FCTE Student Writing Awards are generously supported by the Drey Foundation and the Central Florida English Speaking Union.
ENTRIES NO LONGER BEING ACCEPTED FOR 2019.
Writing Awards Chair
Please submit all award questions to: FCTEwritingawards@gmail.com.